Blue Velvet - OST (Blue/Black Vinyl)
Limited edition colour vinyl LP is pressed on split colour blue and black vinyl.
One of Entertainment Weeklies 100 Best Soundtracks Of All Time.
A precursor to Lynch’s Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet sets a template for ethereal noir soundtracks in a modern, quite disturbed age. “The shock of the new fades by definition, but it has hardly done so in the case of Blue Velvet.” Dennis Lim, Salon, 2016
"The haunting soundtrack accompanies the title credits, then weaves through the narrative, accentuating the noir mood of the film." - John Alexander, The British Film Resource
You know that feeling you get when you’re shook awake in mid-dream? You were teetering on the ledge of a building, or maybe trying to free a butterfly from a spider web while wearing cricket gloves? Perhaps you’re running late for a train and your short cut takes you through a bad part of town, you’re being followed but the ever changing reflection in the shop window is a younger you, a healthier person – with a better hairstyle. It’s an anxiety thing, an off-kilter almost world, best summed up on the soundtrack for Blue Velvet, David Lynch’s 1986 film that nods somnambulantly to the shadowy netherworld of film noir.
1. Main Title
2. Night Streets / Sandy And Jeffrey
4. Jeffrey’s Dark Side
5. Mysteries Of Love (French Horn solo) (a)
6. Frank Returns
7. Mysteries Of Love (Instrumental) (a)
8. Blue Velvet (b) / Blue Star (a) - Montage
9. Lumberton U.S.A. (a) / Going Down To Lincoln – Sound Effects Suite
10. Akron Meets The Blues
11. Honky Tonk Part I (performed by Bill Doggett)
12. In Dreams (performed by Roy Orbison)
13. Love Letters (e) (performed by Ketty Lester)
14. Mysteries Of Love (a) (Vocal by Julee Cruise)