Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Chippin’ In
Art Blakey is one of the greatest jazz drummers and first made name for himself in the 1940s when working with bebop musicians Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker and Fletcher Henderson. In the mid-1950s, he then formed The Jazz Messengers together with Horace Silver, which quickly became known as an incubator for young talent. 35 years after forming The Jazz Messengers, Blakey entered his final year still at it. Due to the many promising young players around the time, he expended the collective from its usual quintet or sextet into a septet for this fine recording session. Because Blakey constantly persuaded his musicians to write music, The Jazz Messengers stayed young in spirit, just like its leader.
Chippin' In is available as a limited edition of 750 individually numbered copies on red coloured vinyl.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Part of the Timeless Records 45th Anniversary Jazz Series
- Legendary jazz/hard bop drummer leading his septet
- Sleeve printed on heavy cardboard carton with linen laminate finish
- Includes insert with upcoming Timeless jazz titles
- 45th Anniversary Jazz Series sticker
- Limited edition of 750 individually numbered copies on red coloured vinyl