Alan Parsons - On Air (25th Anniversary Edition)
On Air is the second solo release by Alan Parsons following the split of The Alan Parsons Project. One of the creative forces was APP long-time guitarist Ian Bairnson. The concept of the album revolves around the history of airborne exploration.
The theme of “Too Close to the Sun” is escaping the labyrinth of the Minotaur. “Brother Up In Heaven” is an emotionally driven song, about the unfortunate death of Ian Bairnson's cousin. “One Day To Fly” is a song about Leonardo da Vinci's search to design a flying machine.
A who's-who of lead vocalists are featured on this album; Christopher Cross, Eric Stewart, Neil Lockwood, Steve Overland and Graham Dye. The amazing looking artwork was recreated for this vinyl edition by none other than Peter Curzon of Storm Studios.
Although On Air might be the most underrated Alan Parsons albums, many consider this as one of his best albums. On Air turns 25 in 2021. This is a limited 25th anniversary edition on transparent vinyl. The package includes an insert with lyrics and pictures.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Deluxe gatefold jacket with leather laminate finish
- Insert with lyrics and pictures
- Featuring the singles “Brother Up In Heaven”, “So Far Away”, “Fall Free” & “Apollo”
- Vocals by Eric Stewart, Neil Lockwood, Steve Overland, Christopher Cross, Graham Dye, Peter Beckett
- 25th Anniversary edition of 1500 individually numbered copies on transparent vinyl